Dr. Yoon grew up in Chilliwack. She earned her Bachelor of Science undergraduate degree in Biology at the University of Victoria and completed her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in 2009. After graduation, she returned to BC and began her career with us in 2016. Dr. Yoon and her husband Daniel have one pet at home, a stunning Himalayan cat Bella Bella is visually impaired, but he lives a normal and happy life despite being blind. He enjoys snuggling in front of a fireplace and enjoys “hunting” on the patio for bugs. Bella eats Hills i/d dry diet for his sensitive gastrointestinal condition. In her spare time, Dr. Yoon likes to try out new recipes and enjoys cooking at home, as well as going to new restaurants to try a new dish! She also enjoys travelling, hiking, canoeing and fishing when she gets the opportunity. Dr. Yoon is bilingual, speaking both English and Korean fluently.
Our first and foremost priority remains the health and safety of our clients and staff, while maintaining our high standard of quality veterinary patient care. We have all experienced the unpredictability of this pandemic and feel strongly that adopting a cautious strategy is in the best interest of keeping everyone as safe as possible.
Our plan going forward will be to start slowly.
1. The following changes are effective as of Thursday, July 15, 2021:
We are welcoming clients into the clinic for medication and food pick ups. We will limit the number of clients in the clinic at one time and ask all of our valued clients to continue to wear a mask.
Our appointments, at this time, will still operate with a closed door policy. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 604.858.6560. A staff member will meet you outside and get a brief history and then will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination. The Veterinarian will call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a staff member will return your pet to you outside and take care of any needed medications and payment.
For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. However, if you’re unsure whether your pet needs medical attention, please call us to discuss your situation.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Saturday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Sunday: Closed
4. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the “Online Consultation” link.
We will continue to keep you advised of each step of our process as we move forward to a tentative full reopening in a few short weeks.We are so excited to start this reopening plan and can't wait to welcome ALL of you back into the clinic.
– Your dedicated team at Valley Veterinary Services